Using Hargray Voice Commands on Your Alexa-Enabled Device
Wake up Alexa by saying "Alexa".
- The light ring turns blue indicating Alexa is ready to listen.
Invoke the Hargray Skill. Saying "Hargray" in your voice command directs Alexa to interact with the Interactive Guide of the Set Top Box.
- Say "Alexa, tell Hargray to..." or "Alexa, ask Hargray to..."
Use the Hargray Skill Voice Commands – Alexa responds to preset words to control the Set Top Box Guide. Over time, Hargray will add additional instructions. For now, you may:
- Set the TVs
- Search the Guide
- Change channels
Change the TV Alexa Controls. If you have multiple Set Top Boxes in the home, you may change the order of which one Alexa controls.
- Say the number of the TV you want to control.
- By default, Alexa connects with the primary DVR if a DVR is present in the home. If you do not have a DVR, Alexa controls any of the other Set Top Boxes by default.
- You may ask Alexa to tell Hargray to...
- "set TV" or "set the TV"
- "change TV" or "change the TV"
- "set receiver" or "set the receiver"
- "change receiver" or "change the receiver"
- "change set top box" or “change the set top box"
- "Alexa, ask Hargray to change the TV"
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to set the TV" (Alexa will display number options)
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to set the receiver"
Change the Channel. Tune to channel by number, call letters or name by using the following language:
- "tune to"
- "go to"
- "switch to"
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to watch Discovery Channel."
- "Alexa, ask Hargray to tune to 420."
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to go to channel 420."
- "Alexa, ask Hargray to switch to ESPN."
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to change the channel to TLC."
TIP: If you ask Alexa to tune to a channel not in the channel package which you subscribe, Alexa will still tune to the channel. You will see the general message displayed if you tune to a channel not in your subscription: "Contact customer service to subscribe."
Watch currently airing program: Ask Alexa to tell Hargray to...
- Followed by the title of the program as it appears in the guide.
The skill finds the first occurrence of a program name, which may be on an SD channel.
Search the Interactive Guide. Ask Alexa to a search by program name, actor or director. Ask Alexa to tell Hargray to...
- "search for"
- "Alexa, ask Hargray to search for Ice Road Truckers."
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to find Big Bang Theory."
- "Alexa, tell Hargray to find Steven Spielberg."
Amazon, Alexa, Echo, Echo Dot, and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.