Enabling Hargray Voice Commands on Your Alexa-Enabled Device
To get started, you will need:
- Hargray Stellar TV & Wi-Fi service
- Your Hargray online account user name and password ready
- Your Amazon account
- Amazon Alexa App
- Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Spot, Echo Plus, or Echo Show
Follow these 4 steps for easy set up below.
- Install Primary Echo Device. You need to get your Echo or Echo Dot device ready for use, including installation of the Alexa App
- If you already have an Echo / Echo device in use in your home, move on to the next step
- If you have not yet setup your Echo / Echo device, please take a moment to setup the device by following the directions provided by Amazon with your Echo/Echo Dot
- You will need your Amazon account ready and Alexa App downloaded
- Complete Alexa Voice Training. Training Alexa improves speech recognition to maximize understanding of commands and channel names
- To start an Alexa Voice Training session, say, “Alexa, learn my voice,” then follow the prompts to repeat words that Alexa asks you to say
- Train Alexa on your pronunciation of "Hargray"
- Speak normally and ensure that you’re in a quiet environment
- Position the Echo. Volume from the TV can overwhelm your voice
- Position the Echo close to where you typically sit when watching TV so the Echo hears your commands instead of the TV sound
- Download the Hargray skill
- Open your Amazon Alexa App on your mobile device
- You will have to log-in into your Amazon account, if you have not done so
- Search for the Hargray Skill using the term: Hargray or Hargray TV
- Download the Hargray Skill
- Link the skill to your TV account
- In the Alexa App, tap the three horizontal lines at the upper left of the screen
- Select Skills & Games, then Your Skills and the Hargray TV skill
- Tap "Enable"
- Tap Settings to link your account. A screen prompts you to sign in.
- Type your Hargray online account user name and password. These credentials are the same ou use to view your Hargray services online.
- You are all set! Enjoy using Alexa with your Stellar TV.