HARGRAY FAMILY OF COMPANIES
What types of information does Hargray collect?
Whether you are communicating with Hargray or using a Hargray service, Hargray may collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. “Personal information” refers to information that is particular to you, such as your name, address, phone number, fax number and email address. “Non-personal information” refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. This information includes websites visited, network traffic data, services and features used, or call record details.
How do we collect information from you?
Hargray may collect information from you through communications such as via the Web, or by phone, email or mail delivery, or through the services provided to you as the customer.
You may visit our site without divulging any personal information; however, there are areas of this site that might require personal information in order to contact Hargray directly, specifically, when registering emails, obtaining remote access and contacting online technical support.
Information may be collected in the following ways:
- Browsing our site
- IP addresses may be collected for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on our site.
- Information may be collected regarding the referring URL, which browser you used to come to our site, and the pages of our site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our site.
- Emails may be sent by the customer to Hargray on this website. Hargray may retain the information in any email that you send to us, such as your name, email, address or telephone number.
- Broadband Internet Service
- Hargray may monitor the network and take measurements of network performance and the performance of your Internet connection to improve the customer’s, or Hargray’s, overall service levels.
- During communications with Hargray for service support, we may also access information about your customer premise equipment, such as computers and wireless modem devices or other device settings, to provide customized technical support or to install specific applications or services for your use.
- Hargray reserves the right to access broadband traffic from individual accounts for the purposes of general maintenance and management of the network, as well as upon request by law enforcement officials.
- Provision of Information by Third Parties
- Hargray may obtain credit information about you from third parties when you purchase products or services from Hargray.
How is your personal information used?
Hargray uses your information in connection with delivering its products and services to you. Hargray may also use the information supplied in order to personalize portions of your service. Some of these personalized services are made available directly by Hargray, while others may be offered by its content partners. In addition, Hargray analyzes and evaluates customer preferences, comments, and criticisms of its offerings in order to make improvements to the present and future versions of the individual service.
Hargray may use personal information it collects to provide you with information or samples that you have requested. In addition, we may use the non-personal information we collect to provide you with a better service experience in the future. Hargray does not rent, sell or trade your private information to any non-affiliated third parties.
With whom do we share your information?
Unless you request otherwise, we may share certain personal or non-personal information with our affiliated companies with whom we have established business relationships.
Hargray will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about its customers to a third party without first receiving that customer’s permission unless Hargray believes in good faith that the law requires it, or to protect the rights or property of Hargray.
How does Hargray protect your personal information?
Hargray takes reasonable precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized access by requiring employees to use secured access authentication and passwords to obtain customer information and by storing electronic file information on a secure server, which is accessible only by authorized personnel.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we will not be held liable should a third party illegally obtain your personal information via Internet transmission. While we have made significant efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Hargray takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of young people using its services. Hargray does not knowingly collect information about children. Hargray believes that children should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. Hargray encourages parents and legal guardians to participate in their child’s experience using Hargray’s services. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to Hargray.
How does the customer provide consent?