HEROES SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsors: Heroes “Sweepstakes” is sponsored by Hargray Communications Group, Inc., 870 William Hilton Parkway, Building C, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 (“Hargray” is a “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open and offered to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of February 20, 2020 and have a valid email account. Employees and their immediate family (spouse, sibling, parent, child, or grandparent and the spouses of such persons) and household members (whether or not related) of Sponsors and their employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion, or fulfillment agencies, promotional partners, and all other entities or individuals involved in or associated with the development, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Only individuals meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules (“Participant”) may participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 6, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59PM ET on August 16, 2020, at 11:59:59PM Eastern Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsors’ clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
4. How to Participate: During the Sweepstakes Period, the Hargray will include a link to Heroes Sweepstakes on their website. The entry form can be found at hargray.com/heroes. Participants who have submitted their entry by August 16, 2020, will be entered for a chance to win a prize.
Each Participant must enter a valid email address to enter the Sweepstakes. There is no cost to obtain an email account. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your Internet and/or phone service(s) may apply.
Each Participant may enter only one (1) entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to use the same email account to submit one or more entries. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant or potential winner, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the email account that was submitted with the entry, and a potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that s/he is the authorized holder of such email account.
Limit one entry per email account. Submission of multiple entries via or on behalf of the same email account will result in ineligibility.
5. Prize: One (1) Winner (“Winner”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received for the prize. There will be one (3) total Winners. The Winners (once s/he has satisfied the “How to Claim Prizes” criteria in Section 8 below) will receive a Sit-On-Top Kayak and two paddles (Prize ‘ARV’ $599.00), Xbox One (Prize ‘ARV’ $299.00), or a G-Shock Watch (Prize ‘ARV’ $150.00). ‘ARV’ refers to Approximate Retail Value.
Prize may not be sold, auctioned, offered for sale, assigned, transferred, offered for transfer, photocopied, duplicated, or redeemed or exchanged for cash or services, except by Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, who reserve the right to substitute Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value if Prize becomes unavailable. Each Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses associated with the Prize.
6. Odds: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Selection of Winners. The potential winners will be selected in random drawings by Sponsors or their designees on 8/18/2020. Potential winners do not have to be present at the prize drawing(s) to win.
8. How to Claim Prizes: Sponsors or their designees will attempt to notify the potential winner of his/her winning status via email to the winner’s email account that was supplied when the winning entry was submitted. Before a Prize is awarded, potential winner must complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility (“Affidavit”) and, where lawful, Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) (collectively, “Affidavit and Release”) within three (3) days after notification. If the indicated forms are not signed and returned by the time indicated on the documents, or if potential winner does not meet eligibility criteria, or is otherwise unwilling or unable to comply with these Official Rules, or cannot be contacted within three (3) days of his/her name being selected as potential winner, an alternate potential winner will be selected, at the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
9. Publicity: Except where and as may be prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of a Prize constitutes the express permission of a Winner for Sponsors and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsors to use such winner’s name, image, voice, entry, opinions, hometown, and/or state for advertising, trade, promotion, and/or publicity purposes in all forms of media now known or hereafter discovered or devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further notice, review or approval, or compensation.
10. Privacy: Sponsors will collect personal data from Participants when they enter this Sweepstakes, and this information will be used for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes, publicizing the Sweepstakes, and other promotional purposes that benefit Sponsors. This information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties but may be used by Sponsors to contact Participants in the future with offers and announcements that Sponsors feel may be of interest. If a Participant does not wish to be contacted by Sponsors, the Participant may opt-out of such contact by unsubscribing through the links in the contact emails.
11.General Conditions: Sweepstakes Entities and Releasees (as defined below) shall not be responsible for non-conforming lost, late incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, undelivered, misdirected, or illegible Entries (or any component thereof) or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Sponsors or Participant or by any computer, technical or human error or malfunction that may occur in the processing of entries, the administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prizes. Incomplete and/or duplicate entries are not prohibited, and will be deemed void. The use of any device to automate the entry process is absolutely prohibited, and any such entries shall be void. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to void suspect entries or to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security, or integrity of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Sweepstakes should non-authorized intervention, fraud, weather, force major events, or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any individual whom Sponsors or their designees determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, is or is attempting or intending to: (a) tamper with any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) defraud Sponsors or Sweepstakes Entities, (c) undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, (d) annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Participants, Sponsors, Sweepstakes Entities, or representatives of Sweepstakes Entities, or (e) act in violation of these Official Rules. In such event(s), Sponsors reserve the right (in addition to disqualification of such individual) to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No groups, clubs, newsletters, or organizations may reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members, and anyone who participates in the Sweepstakes through means not permitted by these Official Rules is subject to disqualification. All entries are subject to verification and are void and will be rejected if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels or if any part of an entry is determined by Sponsors or their designees to be illegible, forged, reproduced, manipulated, mutilated, counterfeited, or tampered with in any way. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, mechanical, typographical, or any other reasons cause more than stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to award only the stated number of Prizes (previously not awarded) by means of a random drawing among all legitimate and eligible Prize claims.
12. Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, Participant (for himself or herself and his or her heirs)agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsors, the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, affiliates, and owner-operators (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, harm, damage, cost, or expense of any kind to any person(s), including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, and/or misuse of a Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
13. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In the event of any inconsistency with any other materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
14. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS OR ANY RELEASED PARTY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN, OR THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, OR ADMINISTRATION OF, THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF A PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Except where prohibited, Participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) s/he hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
15. Non-waiver: The failure or delay by Sponsors in enforcing any particular clause, provision, or aspect of these Official Rules shall not impact the validity, enforceability, or effect of any other clause, provision, or aspect of these Official Rules.
16. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of each Participant, and/or Sponsors or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard to conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of South Carolina or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings regarding same shall take place exclusively either in a state or federal court located in South Carolina. Each Participant agrees to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to change of venue or any like right.
17. Official Rules and Winner List: Official Rules for this Sweepstakes may be obtained by visiting during the Sweepstakes Period. For disclosure of winners (first name, last name initial, and city), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by September 1, 2020, to 870-C William Hilton Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC 29938.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Xbox ®, Perception ® G-Shock ® or any other individual or entity other than the Sweepstakes Entities.
© 2020 Hargray Communications Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.